Not only do you want to make sure you have a new Toyota in N Charlotte with the right strength and capabilities, you're going to want to check out our tips for towing to ensure you're doing it right and safely!
Does your new Toyota in N Charlotte have the right towing capabilities?
No matter if you need to tow a big or small trailer, you need a new Toyota in N Charlotte with the right capabilities. Each of our new Toyota have different towing capacities.
- The Toyota Tundra can tow up to 10,500 lbs.
- The Toyota RAV4 can tow up to 1,500 lbs.
- The Toyota Tacoma can tow up to 6,500 lbs.
- The Toyota Venza can tow up to 3,500 lbs.
- The Toyota Sequoia can tow up to 7,400 lbs.
What affects the towing capabilities of your new Toyota in N Charlotte? Before towing anything, you should check your owner's manual for the base curb weight, cargo weight and allowable payload.
- Base curb weight is the weight of your vehicle with equipment included.
- Cargo weight is the weight of your vehicle with added equipment, cargo and passengers included.
- The allowable payload is the maximum weight your vehicle can carry with everything included.
If you exceed the maximum weight your vehicle can tow, you can end up damaging your vehicle and putting yourself in harm's way. This is why it's important to pay close attention to the towing capacity of your new Toyota in N Charlotte.
Use your new Toyota to tow with tips from Toyota of N Charlotte
You may already be used to driving your new Toyota in N Charlotte on its own; however, there are different rules to follow when you're towing. Before you even hit the road you should take these precautions:
- Take care of routine car maintenance. You should always make sure your new Toyota in in tip-top shape before taking it to the streets. This includes having your vehicle inspected by the professional technicians at our Toyota Service Center in N Charlotte and taking care of routine car maintenance like an oil change.
- Get brake service. Once you get going, the only thing stopping you is your vehicle's brakes. This is why you should have the brakes checked to ensure they're in good shape. Don't forget to also make sure the brakes are synchronized with the brakes on the trailer behind you!
- Bring spare parts: Anything could go wrong while on the road - especially when you're putting added pressure on your new Toyota. This is why you should always bring a spare tire and a wheel hub with you, in case something goes wrong.
- Practice towing: You don't want to get caught off guard by how different it is to drive while towing. This is why you may want to practice towing in advance in a secluded location where you can learn to properly maneuver your new Toyota with the cargo attached!
Once you're on the road, there are even more rules to follow. With these tips from our Toyota dealership in N Charlotte, you can ensure you stay safe and secure while towing!
- Drive slow and steady - don't go past 55 mpg, so you can stay in control of your car and cargo.
- Leave extra space between the car in front of you - it'll take longer to brake with all of the extra weight you're carrying.
- Make slow and wide turns - you want to ensure you have enough space to turn without tipping your cargo.
- Indicate your movement to other drivers using the signals on your cargo - make sure the drivers around you know what you're doing to avoid any confusion and accidents.
Learn more about what our N Charlotte Toyota are capable of by visit our Toyota dealership at 13429 Statesville Rd. You can also give us a call at (888) 883-3797 for more information. We'll help you hit the streets with confidence!