Pros and cons of buying a pre-owned car in Charlotte privately
Some people prefer to buy their car from a private seller. Although we don't suggest going this route, it does have some advantages. Toyota of N Charlotte is explaining the upside and downside of this option!
- You may get a lower price: One possible advantage of buying a used vehicle from a private seller is that you may be able to get a lower price. This is because you won't have to pay dealer fees and other fees associated with used car dealerships.
- Easy price negotiations: You may also have the opportunity to negotiate the price of the car when buying from a private seller. This is because the price of the car is solely up to the discretion of the seller.
- Meeting with strangers: The downside of buying a pre-owned car privately is that you might have to meet with multiple strangers. This is not only time consuming, it's also dangerous!
- No buyer protection: You also won't get any warranties or guarantees with your pre-owned car from a private seller - the car is usually sold "as is". These sellers aren't bound to rules from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- More legwork: It may also mean more work for you when you choose to buy a pre-owned car in Charlotte from a private seller. This includes doing all of the paperwork and financing on your own.
Advantages and disadvantages of choosing a used car dealership
The other option you have when buying a pre-owned car is getting it from our Charlotte used car dealership! What are the pros and cons of this option?
- Less legwork: We mentioned that you may have to meet with many sellers and do all of the paperwork yourself when buying a pre-owned car privately. When you visit our used car dealership in Charlotte, you won't have to worry about any of this! We have a wide selection of cars to choose from all in one place AND we'll take care of all of the paperwork and financing for you!
- We're a reputable Charlotte used car dealership: Unlike private sellers, we must adhere to certain laws and regulations, like the Lemon Law. This means you can count on quality and have more peace of mind!
- Warranties available: Another advantage of buying your pre-owned vehicle from our used car dealership in Charlotte is that you have the option of purchasing an extended warranty with your ride. This way, you can have a back-up plan just in case something goes wrong!
- Dealership fees: Like we previously mentioned, you may have to pay certain fees when buying a pre-owned car from a used car dealership.
- Less room for negotiation: In some instances, you may have less room for negotiation when buying your ride, as used car dealerships typically stick to a certain profit margin.
Find out how we can help you at our used car dealership in Charlotte. We're located at 13429 Statesville Rd., just off I-77 on exit 23. You can also give us a call at (888) 883-3797 for more information or to schedule an appointment to meet with a sales specialist.