TOYOTA OF NORTH CHARLOTTE MACBOOK AIR SWEEPSTAKES
No Purchase OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND Necessary to Enter or Win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. You understand that you are providing your information to TOYOTA OF NORTH CHARLOTTE and not to Facebook. By entering, the information you provided may be sent to promotional partners identified in this promotion. You may be contacted by the Sponsors and/or any promotional partners with future promotional offers.
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The TOYOTA OF NORTH CHARLOTTE MACBOOK AIR Sweeps (the "Sweepstakes") begins on Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on Monday, August 31, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). There will be a total of thirteen (13) drawings to award one prize in each drawing. Entry in this Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of TOYOTA OF NORTH CHARLOTTE, whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
This promotion is open to legal North Carolina residents, who are twenty-one (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, WildFire Interactive, Inc., Toyota of North Charlotte, Facebook, Inc., promotion prize suppliers, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, franchisees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials, their advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the promotion agents (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to participate. Eligibility is subject to all federal, province, state, and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
During the Promotion Period, Facebook members may enter the Sweepstakes through the TOYOTA OF NORTH CHARLOTTE application on the Facebook Platform. To enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period, 1) visit www.facebook.com (the "Facebook Site") and log into your Facebook account, 2) visit the TOYOTA OF NORTH CHARLOTTE Facebook page at www.facebook.com/toyotaofnorthcharlotte, and 3) click on the Sweepstakes tab. You can then enter the Sweepstakes through the application located in the Sweepstakes Tab. As a part of your entry, entrant must "Like" the TOYOTA OF NORTH CHARLOTTE page and complete the entry form with all required information which will include your full name, country, state, email address and age on the entry submission page, and agree to the Official Rules.
Bonus entry: Earn one bonus entry for each eligible Facebook friend you invite using the "invite friends" button in the Sweepstakes Facebook application, who enters the Sweepstakes. Persons associated with Emails submitted through the "invite friends" functionality must be personally known friends or family members, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of submission.
Alternate means of entry: An alternate means of entry ("AMOE"): Legibly hand print on a postcard your complete name, street address (no P.O. Boxes, please), city, state/province , zip code/postal code, country, daytime telephone number, age, and email address (if available), and mail it to: TOYOTA OF NORTH CHARLOTTE MACBOOK AIR SWEEPSTAKES, 13429 Statesville Road Huntersville, NC 28078
Limit of one AMOE per person. AMOEs received outside of the Sweepstakes Period will not be eligible for the Sweepstakes drawing. Sponsor and Administrator not responsible for auto generated, lost, late, mutilated, or postage-due AMOEs.
Limit: One (1) entry per person or email address (excluding any bonus entries) regardless of the method of entry.
Entries made by any other individual or any entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor or Administrator, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. Administrator's computer will be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant's name, city, state, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval.
4. PRIZE/ODDS: Only the prize listed below will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
The grand prize drawing will award the following prize:
An 11 inch MacBook Air 64GB. Approximate retail value of this prize is $999.00.
The weekly prize drawings will award the following prize:
$50 Visa gift cards
Winners are responsible to pick up the prizes at Toyota of North Charlotte within one week of each drawing, as well as any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded. Prize will be awarded only if the potential prizewinner fully complies with these Official Rules. Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable, may not be sold and has no cash value. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if any prize listed is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION:
GRAND PRIZE DRAWING
Grand prize drawing will take place on August 1, 2011
WEEKLY GIFT CARD DRAWING
Visa gift card drawings will take place on every Friday between May 1, 2011- August 1, 2011.
There will be a total of thirteen (13) Sweepstakes drawings as outlined in the above drawing schedule. Once you enter, your entry remains eligible for all remaining drawings (if any). Drawings will be conducted from all eligible entries received up to each drawing period. Conduct of the Sweepstakes and the drawing are under the supervision of the Administrator. Potential Prize Winners will be notified in person and/or by phone and/or by email or mail or express mail, whichever is deemed appropriate by the Administrator using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winning notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential Prize Winner does not respond within (2) days of the first notification attempt, such Prize Winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Prize Winner may be selected.
GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: By entering, each entrant agreeS for entrant and for entrant's heirs, executors, and administrators (A) to release and hold harmless Promotion Entities and their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, "Released Parties") from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (B) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (C) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor's sole discretion.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of any prize constitutes Prize Winner's permission (which will be confirmed in writing on request of Sponsor or Administrator) for the Promotion Entities to use Prize Winner's name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the *"Attributes"*), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Promotion Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
- DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, or stolen, submissions or prize notifications. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor's control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s). These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
OF LIABILITY: Entrant hereby completely releases Facebook, Inc., from
any claims arising from the Promotion. Sponsor, Administrator and the Promotion
Entities are not responsible for, and Entrant hereby releases Sponsor,
Administrator, and Promotion Entities from any claims arising from: (i)
technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the
malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii)
the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or
Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the
entry process or the Promotion; (iv) electronic or human error which may
occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries;
(v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited
to entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly
or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the
Sweepstakes and (vi) use of any prize.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited,
entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action
arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded
shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class
action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of North
Carolina; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to
actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with
entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) unless
otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to
obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim,
indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other
damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all
rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and
questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and
enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of
the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed
by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North
Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law
rules (whether of State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction),
which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other
than the State of North Carolina.
WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit http://www.toyotaofnorthcharlotte/specials/macbookairsweepstakes or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: TOYOTA OF NORTH CHARLOTTE MACBOOK AIR SWEEPS, 13429 Statesville Road Huntersville, NC 28078 To obtain the name of winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: TOYOTA OF NORTH CHARLOTTE MACBOOK AIR SWEEPSTAKES, 13429 Statesville Road Huntersville, NC 28078. All such requests must be received by 7/31/2011.