Should you choose the N Charlotte Toyota RAV4 or the Ford Escape?
When you look at these two compact SUVs, it's easy to see why the new Toyota RAV4 in N Charlotte is the better all-around option! It outpaces the Ford Escape in some important categories, including price, performance, space and standard features! We're comparing their mid-range trim levels - the 2014 Toyota RAV4 XLE and the Ford Escape SE.
We're willing to bet that one of the reasons you're looking for a compact SUV rather than a full-size SUV is because of the price difference. If affordability is important to you, you're going to want to drive the N Charlotte Toyota RAV4 XLE. It has a starting MSRP of just $25,000, while its Ford competitor has a starting MSRP of $25,550. There's no reason you should have to pay all of that extra money for an inferior ride!
These two vehicles are neck and neck when it comes to performance; however, the new Toyota RAV4 in N Charlotte has the slight advantage!
- The fuel efficiency of these two vehicles is comparable, but the Toyota RAV4 wins with a fuel economy rating of 26 mpg combined, while the Ford Escape gets an estimated 25 mpg combined.
- This new Toyota in N Charlotte passes up its competitor when it comes to strength, as it gets 176 horsepower versus 173 horsepower.
- You'll also get better handling and maneuverability with the 2014 Toyota RAV4, as the Ford Escape has a larger turning radius (38.8 ft. vs 34.7 ft.).
Find even more advantages inside this new Toyota near Charlotte!
Even though you want a compact SUV, we're sure you want to be able to fit all of your passengers and cargo inside. Both of these vehicles provide seating for up to five people; however, your passengers will feel more comfortable in the Toyota RAV4 near Charlotte!
- This new Toyota has more overall space with 139.1 cu. ft. of interior volume, while its Ford competitor only has 132.4 cu. ft.
- Like we said, your guests will be more relaxed in the new Toyota RAV4, as it offers 100.7 cu. ft. of passenger space, compared to 98.1 cu. ft. in the Ford Escape.
- Additionally, there's more room for your cargo in this N Charlotte Toyota, which has 38.4 cu. ft. of cargo volume and 73.4 cu. ft. with the second row folded. Its Ford rival only offers 34.2 cu. ft. and 67.8 behind the first row!
You might assume since you're paying less for this new Toyota in N Charlotte, you would get less, but that's far from the case! In fact, the Toyota RAV4 XLE comes with some great standard features you have to pay more for in the Ford Escape SE. These features include:
- Power tilt/slide moonroof
- Touchscreen display with integrated backup camera
- 17-inch alloy wheels (versus aluminum wheels)
- Roof rails
Both of these vehicles also come with high-tech entertainment systems; however, the Toyota Entune System offers more capabilities than Ford Sync! The new Toyota RAV4 in N Charlotte offers Entune App Suite, so you can access some of your favorite apps, such as MovieTickets.com, OpenTable, Yelp and Facebook Places. You won't find this function available in its Ford competitor!
To learn more about what this new Toyota has to offer, visit Toyota of N Charlotte at 13429 Statesville Rd. You can find us right off I-77 on exit 23. You can also call our Internet Sales Team at (888) 883-3797 with any questions. Don't forget to ask about our money-saving specials for a great deal!