Get your new Toyota in N Charlotte ready for rainy weather
Before you hit the road in the rain, you want to be sure your new Toyota in N Charlotte is ready for the journey. We can help you prepare your ride for the rain when you bring it to our Toyota Service Center in N Charlotte. Here, our auto service experts will thoroughly inspect your new Toyota and make sure it's ready to drive in the rain. Some of the components they'll check include:
- Car tires - The tires on your N Charlotte Toyota need enough tread to keep traction when the roads are slippery.
- Brakes - It's important to have working brakes, especially when you need to come to a sudden stop during inclement weather.
- Windshield wipers - Make sure your windshield wipers are in good condition, so you have clear visibility in the rain.
- Headlights - Headlights are also important for visibility in the rain, which is why you should replace any broken or burnt-out lights.
Follow these tips for driving your N Charlotte Toyota in the rain
Although you should avoid driving your new Toyota in the rain, we know it's not always possible. In the event you have to drive in the rain, we want you to know what to expect and how to handle certain situations. This is why Toyota of N Charlotte is sharing safe driving tips for driving in the rain!
- Leave early: If you know you have to drive your new Toyota near Charlotte in the rain, you may want to give yourself some extra time to get to your destination. This way, you don't have to be in a hurry and speed, which can be extremely dangerous on wet streets. Plus, you have a higher chance of getting caught in traffic when the weather is less than ideal!
- Drive slow and cautiously: Like we said, speeding on wet roads can be dangerous. This is why you should drive at or below the speed limit. Wet roads can cause your new Toyota in N Charlotte to lose traction, which can result in a collision. This is why you want to drive slowly, keep both hands on the steering wheel, and be aware of those around you!
- Keep your distance and brake early: A good rule of thumb when driving in the rain is to keep about five car lengths in between your new Toyota and the car in front of you. You never know when the car in front of you can come to a sudden halt and it's much more difficult to brake when the roads are slippery. With the extra space, you can anticipate stops and start braking earlier to avoid a collision.
- Avoid large puddles: With rain comes puddles, which you want to try to avoid as much as possible. Puddles can cause your new Toyota in N Charlotte to hydroplane and lose control. Water can also cause damage to your vehicle if the puddle is too deep! This is why we suggest driving in the middle lanes, as most streets filter water to the sides.
- Turn on windshield wipers and headlights: It's the law - when your windshield wipers are on, you must turn your headlights on (even when there's daylight). Not only can it help improve your visibility of the road, it can increase the presence of your new Toyota in N Charlotte on the road and help other drivers see you.
Get more safe driving tips from Toyota of N Charlotte by browsing our website. You can also visit us to 13429 Statesville Rd. in Huntersville to check out the safety features our new Toyota have to offer! Give us a call at (888) 883-3797 for more information.