What do the car safety ratings of our new Toyota mean?
You can learn a lot about our N Charlotte Toyota by the car safety ratings they're given. These ratings let consumers know how well our new Toyota score in terms of security to help you find the safest cars in N Charlotte. There are two main car safety ratings to pay attention to: the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS).
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
The NHTSA uses a star safety rating to find the safest cars on the market. Our new Toyota in N Charlotte are put through a series of simulated crash tests with crash test dummies. These tests reveal how our new Toyota fare when it comes to:
- Frontal crashes
- Side crashes
The scores for each crash test are combined to create the Overall Vehicle Score, which is from 1-5 stars. The vehicles with 5-Star Safety Ratings are considered the safest cars!
Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS)
Another car safety rating you may want to check when looking for the safest cars is the IIHS Top Safety Picks. This car safety rating is based on two aspects:
- Crashworthiness: This is based on how well the vehicle performs when involved in a crash. Each of our new Toyota in N Charlotte are put through five crash tests, including small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, head restraints, and roof strength. The car is given a rating of good, acceptable, marginal or poor, based on how they perform. The vehicles that earn a good rating in all of the categories are considered the safest cars and are dubbed IIHS Top Safety Picks!
- Crash avoidance: This is based on the technology offered by our new Toyota in N Charlotte to help avoid crashes. IIHS takes a look at the crash avoidance systems and gives them a rating of basic, advanced or superior. The vehicles that receive a rating are chosen as IIHS Top Safety Pick Plus! This means they're the safest cars because of their crashworthiness and crash avoidance systems.
Find the safest cars at Toyota of N Charlotte!
If you want to find the safest cars on the market, look no further than our Toyota dealership in N Charlotte! Many of our new Toyota were named IIHS Top Safety Picks and were given NHTSA 5-Star Safety Ratings! Some of our safest cars include:
- Toyota Prius: The Toyota Prius is an IIHS Top Safety Pick Plus. This is because of all of the crash avoidance features it has to offer, including Dynamic Radar Cruise Control and Keep Lane Assist!
- Toyota Camry: The N Charlotte Toyota Camry received the NHTSA 5-Star Overall Safety Rating AND is an IIHS Top Safety Pick. This makes it one of the safest cars on our lot!
- Toyota Highlander: The Toyota Highlander in N Charlotte also highly rated by IIHS and NHTSA! It earned a 5-Star Overall Safety Rating and is an IIHS Top Safety Pick Plus, which means it'll help you avoid crashes AND protect you in the event of an accident.
- Toyota Corolla: The Toyota Corolla was given a NHTSA 5-Star Overall Safety Rating. It features eight airbags, including front seat-mounted side airbags, front and rear side curtain airbags, driver knee airbags, and front passenger seat-cushion airbags.
Visit Toyota of N Charlotte at 13429 Statesville Rd. for more information about the safety of our new Toyota! We'll help you in your search of the safest cars!