Prepare to return your Toyota lease
When you lease a car, you're expected to take care of it. You can end up with fees if your N Charlotte Toyota has excessive wear and tear or damage. What can you be charged for when returning your Toyota lease?
- Scratches or dings greater than two inches
- Excessive interior wear or damage
- Collision damage
- Tires with a tread depth less than 1/8 of an inch
- Use of non-recommended aftermarket parts
- Missing keys or car parts
You won't have to pay for normal wear and tear, as it's expected when driving a car for a few years. This includes minor scratches on the paint (smaller than 2 inches) and small dents and dings. There must also be at least 1/8 inch of tread depth left on the car tires.
You can also acquire extra charges if you go over the miles allowed in your lease contract. Most car leases allow up to 12,000 miles a year.
Toyota of N Charlotte's tips for returning a car lease
Like we said, it's important to prepare your N Charlotte Toyota lease before turning it in if you want to avoid any issues. We're sharing some steps you may want to take before heading to our Toyota dealership with your Toyota lease.
- Inspect your car: Before you bring your car in for an inspection at Toyota of N Charlotte, you may want to inspect it yourself. Look for excessive wear and tear or damage on your car. This way, you can take care of it before you turn it in and you won't be caught off guard.
- Get auto repairs: If you find damage on your car, you may want to take care of it before turning it in. Take your car to an auto body shop to get a quote for the auto repairs and compare it to how much you would be charged in fees. Then, you can decide if it's worth getting fixed.
- Check your mileage: You should also check the mileage on your N Charlotte Toyota and compare it to the miles allowed. Look at your lease agreement if you're not sure about the maximum miles. If you're over your mileage and still have time to go, you may want to park your car until you return it.
- Clean your car: You should also take all of your belongings out of your car and clean it out to get it ready to turn in. Cleaning your car will help you show how well you took care of it and make returning your N Charlotte Toyota lease easier.
Once you turn in your Toyota lease in N Charlotte, you may be wondering what's next! Our team will be more than happy to explain your options. Whether you want to lease another new Toyota near Charlotte or buy a car, we can help you!
To schedule an appointment to turn in your car or to learn more about a Toyota lease, give us a call at (888) 883-3797. We're located at 13429 Statesville Rd., just off I-77 on exit 23.