With options like these, it's easy to find a new Toyota that meets both your transportation needs and stylish preferences. One eco-friendly choice that Toyota produces are electric vehicles! Toyota already makes some cars that have the ability to run off of electric power alone, such as the 2015 Toyota RAV4 EV and new Toyota Prius Plug-in, and we can't wait for these vehicles to arrive on our lot!
What is the history behind the electric vehicle?
Electric vehicles in N Charlotte aren't yet available, but we anticipate them arriving in the near future. In fact, the idea behind an electric vehicle isn't brand new. The first horse-less carriage was developed in in the 1830s, and it used electric power! Initially, inventors focused on using electricity to power cars. However, the availability of gasoline, coupled with the power and distance these vehicles could achieve, gradually and increasingly took away attention from electric choices. Now, drivers have three main transportation options to consider when they're considering getting new Toyota.
- Conventional: Most vehicles out on the road today are considered to be conventional. They rely on gasoline or diesel as their source of power.
- Hybrid: Some new Toyota are hybrids. These vehicles, like the N Charlotte Toyota Camry Hybrid, still rely on gasoline as a power sources. However, they aren't solely dependent on it! An electric motor is initially used when the new Toyota hybrid starts and is travelling at speeds less than 15 mph.
- Electric: Options like the new Toyota RAV4 EV are able to run without using any form of gasoline. Just like you plug your cell-phone into an outlet to re-charge the battery, the same concept is used for an electric vehicle in order to give it the power it needs.
How does an electric vehicle in N Charlotte work?
If you look underneath the hood of an electric vehicle in N Charlotte, like the 2015 Toyota Prius Plug-in, you'll notice a system that is very different from what you'd find in a conventional new Toyota, or even a new Toyota hybrid. This is because no type of gasoline or diesel is needed in order to fuel this eco-friendly vehicle. Three main parts in electric transportation options help transfer the power to the engine:
- Motor: An electric vehicle in N Charlotte doesn't need an engine. Instead, it relies on an electric motor to create the momentum it needs to move!
- Controller: The transmission in a conventional car helps transfer the necessary amount of power that's needed to the engine. In a N Charlotte electric vehicle, the controller helps transfer the power in the batteries to the electric motor.
- Rechargeable batteries: Just like a conventional car needs to get more fuel from a gas station when it's running low, an electric vehicle in N Charlotte needs to be re-charged. Whenever its battery life is running low, the driver just needs to plug the car into a power outlet for it to re-charge!
While the idea of an electric vehicle might be relatively new to some drivers, it's a concept that has been worked on since the mid-1800s. Toyota is already mass-producing these vehicles, and we can't wait to see them on the lot at our N Charlotte Toyota dealership! Have any questions about the eco-friendly new Toyota that are available right now? Give us a call at (888) 883-3797!