The 2019 Toyota Prius is back and more capable than ever
Since it first hit the roads of Japan in 1997 and then globally in 2000, the Toyota Prius has been hailed as a fuel-efficient champion that has saved drivers countless dollars at the pump. Throughout the years, the new Toyota Prius has seen a variety of redesigns and model variations, but this year is different. This year, the N Charlotte Toyota Prius is back to prove that it’s not only super fuel-efficient, but also highly capable. Toyota of N Charlotte is here with the details on this new Toyota hybrid and when you’ll likely see it on our lot.
No matter the conditions, the 2019 Toyota Prius Performs
Apart from the new aesthetic features on the new Toyota Prius, this Toyota hybrid now features a new drivetrain, AWD-e, for a new and unique driving experience. The All-Wheel Drive drivetrain on the new Prius uses an electric system consisting of an independent electric magnet-less rear motor. This new system provides power to the rear wheels when necessary while still maintaining great fuel economy.
This new model year N Charlotte Toyota Prius features a compact Nickel-Metal Hydride battery that performs well in cold weather and still maintains ample trunk space while fitting under the rear seat. In fact, the new Toyota Prius offers 66.5 cubic feet of cargo space with 60/40 split fold-down back seats to carry whatever you need. If you need additional luggage space, the N Charlotte Toyota Prius also features roof racks with cross bar attachments.
Fuel efficiency has always been the name of the game and this model year it’s even better. Perhaps the most fuel-efficient AWD vehicle yet, the new Toyota Prius will get an EPA estimated 58 city/53 highway/56 combined mpg.
Here are some additional features that are expected for the N Charlotte 2019 Toyota Prius:
- New trim grade labels like L Eco, LE, XLE, and Limited.
- Two new paint color options including Supersonic Red and Electric Storm Blue.
- SofTex upholstery trim with heated steering wheel.
- The Smart Key System with Push Button Start
- SofTex-trimmed heated front seats with 8-way power adjustable power adjustable driver’s seats.
- Bi-LED headlights and taillights give a stylish and bright look to the new Toyota Prius and consume less energy than typical halogen lights.
- Entune Multi-media bundle which includes a 6.1-inch touch screen, six speakers, and an app suite and navigation.
- The Hybrid Synergy System of the N Charlotte Toyota Prius works hand in hand with the 1.8L 4-cylinder gasoline engine to deliver remarkable fuel efficiency and uses a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) for seamless shifting throughout your drive.
Explore the new Toyota Prius with Toyota of N Charlotte
A new redesign, drivetrain, and upgraded fuel-efficiency have us truly excited for the arrival of the 2019 Toyota Prius. Luckily, this vehicle will be arriving to dealerships in spring 2019, so there’s not much time to wait. But, while you’re waiting, come shop our hybrid and fuel-efficient inventory at Toyota of N Charlotte! We’re open seven days a week and can be reached at (704) 875 – 9199 for more details.