6 of our favorite things to do in Charlotte
Looking for weekend plans? Toyota of N Charlotte is here to help! Check out this list of our 6 favorite things to do in Charlotte. Whether you’re looking for free and low-key or something to get your adrenaline pumping, we’ve got you covered!
1) Freedom Park: Get some sunshine in your life and make the most of spring by heading to Freedom Park. There are plenty of things to do in the park – soak up sun, play catch, ride bikes, play volleyball, or just take a walk to enjoy the beautiful scenery. There’s also a WWII memorial monument, and the park is attached to the Charlotte Nature Museum so you can get a taste of wildlife in the area up close and personal. Entry is free. Don’t forget your picnic basket!
2) Carowinds: For all you thrill-seekers out there, Carowinds should be on your top list of things to do. This amusement park boasts 105 acres of fun – you’ll find coasters, family-friendly rides, and even water rides (if the day is warm enough for it). The park also offers tons of food options, including authentic Carolina BBQ, and characters in costumes are regulars on the grounds. And you can buy annual passes to save money and make the most of EVERY weekend!
3) Discovery Place Science: Head uptown to spend your Saturday at Discovery Place Science in Charlotte – this hands-on museum is a great way to learn interactively. There are special exhibitions, DIY experiments, and an IMAX dome theater as well as special educational programs. You can even plan birthday parties there. It’s the perfect place for a family-friendly weekend… don’t forget to check out the Rainforest and the Thinker Space.
4) Charlotte’s Historical City Tour: You know where your favorite pizza place is and where you can get the cheapest groceries, but what do you REALLY know about Charlotte and its rich history? Add this tour to your list of things to do this weekend. You’ll cruise the city in an open-air golf cart, enjoying a fully narrated tour that takes you all over Charlotte to see the most memorable and meaningful spots. Plus, it’s a small tour so you’ll have plenty of interaction with the guide and chances to ask questions. Tour tickets are $38 per adult but it’s worth every penny.
5) Sugar Creek Brewing: Are you a fan of craft beer? Then head down to Sugar Creek Brewing. They’re open all weekend and have both a large taproom and outdoor seating where you can enjoy a multitude of interesting beers. You can get glasses, flights, and even growlers of beer to take home with you. Just make sure you don’t drink and drive – line up a DD or an uber BEFORE you start tasting.
6) King Tut’s Curse Escape Room: Put a little challenge in your weekend by booking an experience at King Tut’s Curse Escape Room. You can do groups from two people to ten people, and you’ll use puzzle clues to try and escape from King Tut’s tomb in a limited amount of time.
Want more things to do? Don’t forget, you can always stop by Toyota of N Charlotte to check out our lineup of new and used cars. We’re open seven days a week until 10 pm at 13429 Statesville Road, just off I-77 at exit 23!