DIY Car Care
Car maintenance can get annoying when you have to wait for service; the hour you spend in the waiting area can feel like an eternity. Thoughts formulate in your head on other ways you could have used that hour to be more productive. But face it, routine maintenance on your N. Charlotte vehicle is pretty important and shouldn’t be skipped. Waiting for service is a factor that has contributed to the DIY car maintenance movement and it’s understandable why. If you decide to take up DIY car maintenance, Toyota of N. Charlotte has some suggestions for practical tools you should have so that you could do some work on your N. Charlotte Toyota!
Toyota of N. Charlotte’s Tool Recommendations for DIY maintenance
- Headlamp and work light. Having a good work light can make it easier for you to see your workspace. Add a headlamp and it’ll be even better. This way it’ll keep you hands-free and allow you to see better when you’re getting down into the crannies and nooks of your N. Charlotte Toyota’s engine.
- An air compressor. Air compressors can be used to inflate tires—talk about convenient! Also, it’ll power the tools more efficiently making your DIY car maintenance that much easier. This is a good investment and can be found at your local hardware store.
- A stubby screwdriver. Sometimes things can get tight when working on your N. Charlotte vehicle, and regular tools don’t seem to get the job done. Our auto service techs recommend getting a stubby screwdriver. It’s going to be shorter than a normal screwdriver but it will give you the control you’ll need.
Don’t try DIY Car Maintenance without These Tools
- Extension for socket wrench. Investing in extension bars for your wrenches will definitely give you a boost with DIY car maintenance. These bars will give you length in your workspace for when you need to get down to the engine; also the socket swivels ensure you have more elasticity.
- Jack stand. This is a must if you’re going to be working under your N. Charlotte Toyota. Invest in a high quality jack stand because you want to make sure that it’s durable and will ensure you’ll be safe when working on your car. Avoid purchasing a hydraulic stand—they are faulty and have higher failure rates.
- A multimeter. This tool is a must for your DIY car maintenance. It measures power, currents, and resistance of different part of your N. Charlotte Toyota. It’s pretty convenient when you’re testing the voltage of your battery to see if it’s time for a replacement.
If you’re not too sure where you could purchase most of these tools, stop by our parts center! We can direct you to the best places for these tools as well as answer any lingering questions you have about car maintenance. You can reach us Monday through Sunday till 10pm at 704-875-9199. We’re located at 13429 Statesville Rd, Exit 23 just off I-77 in Huntersville.