2019 Toyota Avalon earns IIHS Top Safety Pick+ award
Earning the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick+ is no easy task, but the 2019 N Charlotte Toyota Avalon made it look easy. An assessment of safety technology, various crash tests, and adjacent technology evaluations are just a few things that vehicles must pass to receive this award. The Toyota Avalon now has a complete redesign and an accolade under its belt and Toyota of North Charlotte has all the details on how that was made possible!
Stereotype breaking, award winning
To earn the IIHS Top Safety Pick+ award, vehicles must undergo a variety of tests to assess the structural integrity, safety technology, and adjacent safety technology. Each of these factors are tested and given scores according to their performance. For the 2019 N Charlotte Toyota Avalon, earning the award was a difficult feat made easy. The Avalon earned top scores of “Good” in every crash test it went through and was given a “Superior” rating for its active safety technology. This is all due to Toyota Safety Sense P that comes standard in many new N Charlotte Toyota models. The safety suite comes equipped with features like:
- Lane Departure Warning
- Pedestrian Detection and Active Brake Assist
- Pre-Collision Warning System
- Auto High Beam Headlights
- Integrated Backup Cameras and optional Bird’s Eye View Camera
Thanks to these safety features, namely the Active Brake Assist and Pre-Collision Warning System, the N Charlotte Toyota Avalon successfully avoided collisions at 12 and 25 mph speeds. For headlight evaluation, the Avalon also received a “Good” for its LED projector headlights. With a win like this, not only is the new Toyota Avalon stylish and different, but also one of the safest vehicles to drive. Here are some of the amazing features that make this N Charlotte Toyota vehicle amazing to drive:
- A new 3.5L V6 engine puts out a mean 301 horsepower and 267 lb./ft. of torque for an unforgettable and sporty performance.
- An all new redesign gives sleek lines to this once geriatric-esque N Charlotte Toyota vehicle. A redesigned grille and silhouette give an aggressive look to the Avalon that means business.
- Toyota Safety Sense P comes standard to provide optimal safety for your ride.
- Seven all new trim levels give drivers choice when it comes to feature options and engineering.
- Adaptive Variable Suspension, sport and sport+ driving modes, Engine Sound Enhancement with Active Noise Control, and premium JBL sound system are options included with the Touring trim level.
- New aesthetic features like 19-inch alloy wheels, power moon-roof, piano-black exterior accents, and genuine aluminum interior trim give this N Charlotte Toyota vehicle extra oomph in the style department.
Come test drive the new 2019 Toyota Avalon at Toyota of North Charlotte
Want to get behind the wheel of the safest and the most stylish new Toyota? Come take a test drive at Toyota of North Charlotte! The 2019 Toyota Avalon is on our lot and ready to be driven. Give us a call at (704) 875 – 9199 to schedule your test drive or visit Toyota of North Charlotte at 13429 Statesville Road seven days a week!