The Million Mile Tundra
At Toyota of N Charlotte, we take pride in our brand and anything extraordinary that comes along with it. The latest most extraordinary news we have the pleasure of sharing is on the Million Mile Tundra. This is a 2007 Toyota Tundra that has passed one million miles on the odometer nearly five years ago. The owner of this Toyota Tundra is Victor Sheppard, and it’s safe to say he made his truck put in work! Nevertheless, The marvelous Million Mile Truck has retired officially, and after an extensive tour of company facilities, the Toyota Tundra has been stripped down to see what was going on under the hood, that made it run for so long. Toyota of N Charlotte, has the details, check it out!
The Story of the Million Mile Tundra
Sheppard used his 2007 Charlotte Toyota Tundra for long distances to transport heavy loads. So the truck pretty much spent its lifetime towing, hauling, and driving on the highway. This is a lot of pressure to put on one vehicle, so it’s no wonder Toyota was eager to get and back and see the workings under the hood. Here we have information on what happened when the Million Mile Toyota Tundra was taken apart piece by piece.
- The first thing taken out was the engine. It’s a 4.7L V8 2UZ-FE engine—it was one of the first Toyota V8 engines that was produced in America. Afterwards, Toyota put the engine on a dynamometer to test its abilities and see if all the miles added had a negative effect on its ability to perform. Little did they know, it DIDN’T have a negative effect. In fact, the engine performed almost as good as a brand new N Charlotte Toyota’s engine.
- The engine was in great physical condition. There was barely any carbon buildup on the valve stems, there weren’t any visible wear marks on the crankshaft journals, AND you could still see cross-hatching on the cylinder walls.
- The engine scored 99/100 on a quality test—which is clearly more than enough to pass.
- The truck bed held its weight well. The only dents that it had were from the years of towing and hauling. Also, there was major damage on the wheel wells, but Sheppard admitted that the damage was due to him hauling pallets that were too big for the N Charlotte Toyota truck’s bed.
- The interior was in great condition! You would’ve expected for the driver’s side door latch, glovebox latch, and center console to be worn out but that wasn’t the case.
- Despite it being driven through snow, rain, and wind, there was no rust on the frame AND the tailgate worked perfectly.
- The frame springs were in excellent condition!
Test Drive the N Charlotte Toyota Tundra Today
Take on the challenge and put in a million miles into a new Toyota Tundra! Stop by and take one out for a test drive. We’re located at 13429 Statesville Rd just off I-77 at exit 23 in Huntersville.