What is a TRD Package?
We’ve all heard about the Charlotte Toyota TRD package one various cars. But, do you know what it stands for or means? The acronym stands for Toyota racing development, which was founded in 1979 to improve performance in cars. It began as an aftermarket parts distributor and a “speed shop,” and is now one of the most accomplished engineering companies in the motorsport industry. And, it’s more than just a badge! Let’s dive in!
Three TRD Package Models
Not only is the Charlotte Toyota TRD package available on various models, but there are also three different packages. And, the Toyota Tacoma is the only model that offers all three.
This package is for appearances only, so if you want to add a cute, sporty look to your car, then this is for you. Also, there are not any off-roading capabilities on these models. But, you’ll get some amazing features listed below!
- Sport-tuned suspension
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- TRD graphics
- Integrated wide-angle for lights
- Hood scoop (non-functional)
This Charlotte Toyota off-roading package isn’t about looks like the TRD sport. This package includes all of the off-roading goodies to go on your adventures with.
- Charlotte Toyota special TRD-tuned off-road suspension
- Bilstein shocks
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Bigger approach angle (from 29 degrees to 32 degrees)
- Electronically locking rear differential
- Crawl control
- Inclinometer with roll/pitch displays
- Wide-angle fog lights
- Multi-terrain select
- TRD off-road graphics
This Charlotte Toyota TRD package is a little bit better than the TRD off-road. The TRD Pro package is the ultimate off-roading package, while also providing comfort and convenience. Surely a Charlotte Toyota TRD package that everyone can get behind. Some of the key features are listed below.
- Special TRD-tuned off-road suspension with a 1-inch lift
- Fox internal bypass coil-over springs and rear remote reservoir shocks
- 16-inch TRD pro-black alloy wheels
- 35-degree approach angle
- TRD pro-cat-black exhaust and a leather shift knob
- An even better and thicker front skid plate
- TRD pro graphic on floor mats with black leather-trimmed seats
- Heritage-inspired Toyota front grille
- Power moonroof, dual-zone automatic climate control, and driver-assist features
Cars that come equipped with a TRD package.
You can purchase the Toyota Sequoia, 4Runner, Tacoma, and Tundra with the TRD pro package. The Toyota Camry and Avalon have the basic TRD package, too. Also, the Toyota Sequoia, Tacoma, and 4Runner are available in the TRD sport package. And, the Toyota RAV4, Tacoma, and 4Runner come in the off-roading package.
Visit Toyota of N Charlotte!
If you’re interested in purchasing a car with a Charlotte Toyota TRD package, then stop by our dealership and talk with our sales specialists. Just book an appointment at (704) 659-2025 if you need any other car accessories for your ride. We’re open seven days a week at 13429 Statesville Road! Just take exit 23 off I-77 in Huntersville. We look forward to helping you today!