Getting Ready for Your Summer Car Wash
As the summer approaches, it will get warmer in N. Charlotte. This means the skies will be blue, the sun will stroke your faces, and it’s time to get beach ready! But before hitting the road, you should make sure your car is prepped with your beach gear and a squeaky clean car wash. Trust us, you’ll have a better vacation by starting off with a clean N. Charlotte Toyota. If you’re in too much of a hurry to bring in your vehicle to get detailed, we’ve got some useful DIY car wash tips up our sleeve. Follow through and you’ll be able to have your ride looking like-new in a matter of minutes!
Car Wash tips for your N. Charlotte Toyota
- Don’t wash your car in the sun: It’s tempting to make your car wash a fun day in the sun, it’s best to avoid the sun when doing so. You pretty much want to keep the car wet throughout the whole process (washing, soaping, rinsing, etc.), and if the sun is directly hitting your N. Charlotte Toyota, it’ll likely leave unwanted water spots. Thus, our suggestion is to wash your car in the shade, early in the morning, or early evening.
- If you drop a sponge on the floor, don’t use it again: Sponges absorb EVERYTHING! So even if you do rinse it off before using it again, there’s a chance that sand or dirt particles will be stuck and could create tiny scratches on Your N. Charlotte Toyota. Avoid this car wash trouble by keeping an extra sponge and wash cloth ready for use!
- Use the correct products: It’s important to use the right products when piloting a car wash. For instance if you use dish soap to wash your car, the contents in the soap can strip the protective wax off your car and dull the shine and paint. It can even damage the clear coat and/or paint leaving your N. Charlotte Toyota susceptible to rust.
- Top off your car with a coat of wax: Finishing off your car with a protective coat of wax 3-4 times a year will protect its paint and keep it shiny. This will save you money in the long run because you won’t have to spend it on getting your paint fixed. Do remember to not wax your car in direct sunlight either.
- Dry your Toyota with microfiber towels: Once you’re finished with your car wash, make sure you dry your car by hand with a microfiber towel. This helps avoid water spots and treats your car nicer than other fabrics. Shop at our parts store N. Charlotte parts store for microfiber options.
Shop our Toyota parts store for car wash supplies
If you’re seeking more car washing tips or supplies to get ready for your ultimate summer road trip, call Toyota of N. Charlotte today! You can reach us seven days a week at (704) 875-9199. We’re located at 13429 Statesville Rd in Huntersville.