The 2022 Toyota RAV4 vs. 2022 Kia Sportage
So, you’re on the market for a new SUV. With so many options available, it can leave you scratching your head at the endless possibilities. Well, Toyota of N Charlotte is here to break it down for you and make your decision a little easier when you’re ready to purchase your new car. Today, we’ll be comparing the N Charlotte 2022 Toyota RAV4 and the 2022 Kia Sportage.
How does the 2022 Toyota RAV4 compare to the Kia Sportage?
Performance: One of the biggest advantages of the N Charlotte 2022 Toyota RAV4 is that it’s versatile and has amazing performance. But, here’s how it compares to its competitor:
- The 2022 Toyota RAV4 has a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine and has 22 more horsepower than the 2022 Kia Sportage.
- The N Charlotte Toyota SUV is faster in the 0-30,0-60, and the 45-65 quarter-mile tests.
- This N Charlotte Toyota SUV offers better fuel efficiency. It gets 27-35 mpg compared to Kia’s 23/30 mpg in the FWD model, and 27/34 mpg vs. the Sportage’s 22/26 in the AWD model.
- Toyota’s cars also offer an automatic engine start-stop system to reduce emissions and improve fuel efficiency.
- The 2022 Toyota RAV4 offers an 8-speed automatic transmission, while the competitor only offers 6- speed.
- And, the 2022 Toyota RAV4 can tow up to 3,500 lbs. and the Kia Sportage caps out at 2,000 lbs.
Comfort: When it comes to comfort, Toyota takes the cake on this, too.
- The 2022 Toyota RAV4 offers memory seats (not available on the Kia), a power parking brake with one-touch release and automatic release, while the Kia only mainly offers manual.
- The N Charlotte Toyota SUV offers more front headroom, front shoulder room, rear headroom, and rear shoulder room than its competitor.
- Also, it has larger cargo space in the rear – 37.6 cubic feet vs. the Sportage’s 30.7 cubic feet.
Safety: We know safety is a top priority, so let’s dive in!
- The 2022 Toyota RAV4 offers pretensions on front and rear shoulder belts and has a standard driver’s side knee airbag.
- Also, it boasts a secondary collision brake to prevent collisions.
- There’s optional parking assist with automatic braking.
- You’ll love the optional bird’s eye view camera and the standard safety connect services with GPS tracking.
Value: And, Toyota wins for the most value as well!
- This N Charlotte Toyota offers a better resale value than the Kia Sportage.
- The Toyota SUV offers a 5-year corrosion warranty with no mileage limitation, while the competition caps out at 100,000 miles.
- Consumer reports found that Toyota is more reliable than Kia, ranking second, while Kia ranked 15th.
- Also, it offers no-cost scheduled car maintenance for the first 2 years or 25,000 miles, which isn’t available for Kia drivers.
Visit Toyota of N Charlotte Today!
Stop by our dealership today at 13429 Statesville Road and test drive one of our award-winning SUV’s.