The Most Expensive Used Car
We’re sure you’re aware that as soon as you drive off a new car from the dealership lot after purchase, it depreciates. If you’re the type of Charlotte driver that keeps their vehicle for more or less ten years, then it’s not that bad. However if you’re the type to enjoy new set of technology and features whenever there’s an update, then it’s unfortunate because by the time you’re trying to resell your car, you most likely get half of what you paid for. This is not the case for the N Charlotte Toyota FJ Cruiser. Take a look at the reasons this used car can keep its value.
Why can the N Charlotte Toyota FJ Cruiser Keep Its Value?
With a large cult following and high desirability, this SUV has avoided depreciation for half a decade. Its price can actually reach up to a range of the $40,000’s. A couple of interesting facts about this used car include:
- The FJ Cruiser concept debuted in 2003. The production model had retained a lot of the original features. They were all showcased, including the popular voodoo blue paint color.
- The design of the Toyota N Charlotte FJ Cruiser was inspired with the Toyota FJ40 in mind which included extensive off-roading features and additional room inside the cabin.
- 2014 was the final year the FJ was sold in North America, since then, it has become one of the most valuable used cars anyone can purchase.
- 2018 it was discontinued in Japan.
When it comes to used cars, their value is determined by considering age, wear and tear, mileage, etc. However, there are still a lot of factors that don’t make a difference on the price customers are wiling to pay for this ride. The original starting MSRP for a 2014 model of the FJ Cruiser was $27,000 – $29,000. However, there are used models that can be sold at even $30,000 – $40,000. A couple of features that make it the unique SUV we all cherish today are as follow:
- Suicide doors offer an easy entry where there’s no pillar separating the front and back doors. Instead, there’s a high-strength steel used for protection if there’s ever a car accident.
- Most of the N Charlotte Toyota FJ cruisers you’d find had the roof painted white. Besides having a cool two-toned look, it also deflected heat from inside the cabin.
- Three windshield wipers offered maximum visibility it the event of a rainy day.
- This used car also had a 4.0L V6 engine under the hood, kind of like the Toyota 4Runner—making it versatile enough to take on any terrain.
- The front grille didn’t feature the usual Toyota logo, it had “TOYOTA” spelled across it just like other vintage models.
- The interior was designed to facilitate off-roading. The car had rubber surfaces for an easier cleanup, oversized controls that make it easier when wearing gloves, available 110v power outlet, etc.
- The N Charlotte used car also featured body on frame construction and high mounted double wishbone front suspension and stabilizer bar, and four link rear suspension with a stabilizer bar.
Shop the Toyota FJ Cruiser Today!
Although you can’t find a new FJ Cruiser anymore, we’ll be more than glad to help you find a preowned one. Call Toyota of N Charlotte at (704)875-9199 today and we’ll be on the lookout for it.