The Toyota Mirai is Confirmed for December!
In this hectic, tragic, and unexpected year we’ve had, there’s very little to celebrate. While it may be a much different holiday season than we’re used to, there’s still a big reason to celebrate. The new Toyota Mirai is officially coming to dealerships this December! With an all new look, amazing features, and cutting-edge fuel cell technology, this one is sure to impress.
Toyota of North Charlotte is here with the latest details so you can get ready to welcome this new ride in December!
The Toyota Mirai is Arriving Soon!
5 years ago, the world’s first hydrogen fuel-cell powered vehicle made its way to dealerships. While we loved it (guilty), others not so much. It’s overly-edgy and angular body shape along with high price point was off-putting to many prospective drivers. Plus, hydrogen fuel-cell technology is very new and there just isn’t quite the infrastructure to support large-scale adoption.
But, Toyota is hoping to change that for the 2021 model year! A wholly redesigned Toyota Mirai will hopefully spark interest from drivers everywhere and will help push for the creation of better hydrogen fuel-cell fueling infrastructure in places like Clermont.
Before that, let’s dive into the new features of the upcoming Mirai:
- The Clermont Toyota Mirai will be offered in both XLE and Limited trim grades.
- Stylistically and engineering-wise, the new Mirai couldn’t be more different from its predecessor model. It is now built on a sporty rear-wheel drive platform and equipped with a long and wider stance. The body is designed to be more aerodynamic and it comes with optional 20-inch wheels.
- Drivers can choose from paint color options like Hydro Blue, Heavy Metal, Supersonic Red, Black, and Oxygen White.
- For the 2021 model year, a 12.3-inch multimedia touchscreen infotainment system will be standard.
- Every model will feature a 14-speaker JBL sound system with subwoofer and amplifier.
- Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and Amazon Alexa will be included in the infotainment mix.
- Both trim grades will feature a Qi-wireless charging tray.
- XLE trim grades will include dual-zone climate control, heated front seats, and manual rear seat sunshades.
- Limited trim grades will include Bird’s Eye View camera with Intelligent Park Assist and a panoramic moonroof.
Toyota Safety Sense 2.5+ will be standard on all models and will include marked improvements to the already advanced suite of safety features.
- Full-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control has can now maintain a vehicle’s worth of distance between the Clermont Toyota Mirai and the vehicle in front. It can slow your Mirai down to 0 mph and gradually accelerate until your chosen speed is reached.
- Pre-Collision System has also been improved to now detect bicyclists during certain conditions along with pedestrians and other cars when performing a left-hand turn. The Mirai will provide visual and auditory warnings to alert the driver.
Shop Alternative Fuel Vehicles with Toyota of North Charlotte Today!
The Toyota Mirai is almost here and will be available in December! However, because of the lack of proper hydrogen fuel-cell infrastructure in North Charlotte, it’s unlikely that it’ll be available here.
You can still shop for an amazing alternative fuel vehicle with us today! Shop our inventory online anytime or visit Toyota of North Charlotte at 13429 Statesville Road.