What Goes into a Car Brake Replacement?
The world of cars is a big one and it’s hard to keep track of everything. Just when you’ve begun memorizing brochures of vehicle trim levels and specs you’re tasked with remembering vehicle history and how to tune your car like it’s in a Fast and Furious movie. Well, probably not that last one but you get the idea. There’s a lot to remember when it comes to cars and, if you’re like most of us drivers, you won’t. However, there are a few key auto services like oil changes and tire rotations that are important to remember so as to schedule them correctly and so you know exactly what you’re getting. Another essential auto service you should know about is the car brake replacement. The name sounds self explanatory but there’s more to this auto service than meets the eye. Follow along with us at Toyota of North Charlotte while we walk you through it!
The Basics of Car Brakes
Before we dive into what goes into a brake replacement on your N Charlotte Toyota it’ll be helpful to know the basic components of this essential auto part.
The calipers on your car brake system hold the pads in place and are probably one of the most important parts.
Held in by the calipers, the Charlotte brake pads create friction against the rotor when you apply pressure to your brake pedal.
The large disc that your brake pads rub against to create friction and bring your Charlotte Toyota to a stop is called the rotor.
Your brake line allows for communication between the pedal and the physical brake assembly and fluid keeps the entire system functioning properly.
The Ins and Outs of a Car Brake Replacement
When it comes to your Charlotte car’s brake system there are several things that could go ary throughout your time of ownership. Your vehicle could experience badly worn pads which will make it more difficult for you to bring your vehicle to a stop. Worn or rusted rotors will yield similar issues and faulty calipers could lead to an entire system suffering damage. Like anything on your car, frequent inspections and timely repairs will ensure that your vehicle can continue stopping without a hitch.
When it comes to a car brake replacement or other repair jobs, here’s what will typically happen:
- Any car brake replacement starts with a thorough inspection of the brake assembly and system. This is to ensure there aren’t any other problems.
- If your calipers are still in good condition, this part simply needs to be lubricated and inspected when new brake pads are inserted.
- New pads will often be installed to ensure that your braking is smooth and without extraneous noises.
- Calipers can often be sanded down to remove rust and debris or they may need to be completely replaced if they’re in bad enough shape.
- Your brake lines and fluid will also be inspected and possibly flushed to prevent rusting.
Are you ready to schedule your next car brake service or replacement? Give Toyota of North Charlotte a call at (704) 875 9199 today!