Toyota Mirai Made it into the Guinness World Records!
The 2021 Toyota of N Charlotte Mirai has made a name for itself in the Guinness World Records! Yep! You sure did read that right! This sweet ride set a new title for 845 miles zero-emission journey. This hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicle has now been driving the longest distance without fueling up again! In addition, the N Charlotte Toyota Mirai was selected by Ward’s Automotive as a 10 Best Engine and Propulsion System. Let’s dive in!
Toyota Mirai Enters New Heights
It only takes about five minutes to fill this sweet ride up! So, if you think about it, after only five minutes, the N Charlotte Toyota Mirai was able to almost reach 1,000 miles on ONE refueling. That’s way more miles than you can get on a typical gas car before having to swoop into the gas station to fill up and grab your snacks.
- The men behind the wheel were professional drivers Wayne Gerdes and Bob Winger.
- The route they took for this journey was from the Toyota Technical Center in Gardena, California, then to San Ysidro, and finally to Santa Barbara (they took the Pacific Coast Highway road).
- If you throw in some rush hour traffic on the San Diego freeway between LA and Orange County, then you get a total of 845 miles!
There wasn’t any cheating for this world record either. A Guinness employee, Michael Empiric, ensured everything went on without a hitch by placing a seal on the N Charlotte Toyota Toyota Mirai’s tank once it was filled all the way up. If the seal was broken when they completed their journey, then we would know that they cheated. However, everyone played correctly and they won the title fair and square.
The N Charlotte Toyota Mirai has many other highlights in addition to the new record it set!
- The N Charlotte Toyota Mirai has an impressive 12.3-inch touchscreen display that you can even customize!
- Dynamic Navigation comes standard in this whip for the first three years, and it even has Bluetooth!
- One of the coolest features the Toyota Mirai has is the color head-up display. This display shows your speed, directions, and hybrid system indicator for information that is in your line of sight.
- You’ll always feel safe in this car with the bird’s eye view camera. Before getting out of your car, you can view the entire area around you for any road hazards that might be near.
- Also, you’ll be the belle of the ball with the digital rearview mirror with Homelink. You can zoom in and out with this mirror! So cool!
Come see us at Toyota of N Charlotte!
We don’t sell the N Charlotte Toyota Mirai at our dealership, but you can purchase it in California and Hawaii because of infrastructure. We’ve got plenty of other cars though! Just book an appointment at 13429 Statesville Road and we’ll get you behind the wheel of a new Toyota today!